The story of the air-cooled era presented entirely in the wonderful style of VW's classic sales brochures.
All incredibly popular sixties design classics with enduring appeal, the original air-cooled Volkswagen cars and Transporters are fully explored in this fascinating book. A unique picture-led chronicle of the Volkswagen story through the fifties and sixties. This book makes extensive use of the artwork from contemporary promotional literature for a real retro feel. A must have for motoring enthusiasts and VW devotees alike.
- Re-lives the spirit of the fifties and sixties
- Includes rarely seen and valuable archive material
- Includes substantial sections covering the VW of the moment – the Transporter
- Unique format and retro style of presentation
- Includes the VW 1500/1600 models which are rarely covered in print
- An interesting text that questions long held opinions
- A collectable treasure in its own right for all VW enthusiasts
About the author
Richard Copping learned to drive in a Beetle and has owned one ever since, still using it on a daily basis and covering over 20,000 miles a year. A concours entrant and judge for many years, he has been a member of the Historic Volkswagen Club since 1983, and Editor of The Historic VW since 1995, he s recently been appointed Editor of VW Motoring magazine.