Cars can be expensive things, and deserve to be cared for properly. A clean and well-tended car will look better, be more pleasurable to drive, and have a superior resale value. This book is a step-by-step guide to the various elements of car care, from washing, waxing and polishing to engine cleaning and leather maintenance. Featuring illustrations and product recommendations, this is a must-buy for all car lovers.
With this book, you can begin caring for your car like a professional, achieving dramatic and financially beneficial effects almost immediately. It teaches you the importance of using specific products for specific tasks, how to properly clean wheels, paint decontamination, polishing paintwork, waxing, interior maintenance, leather care, using a clay bar and much, much more. The step-by-step guides explain the purpose and importance of each process in a straightforward manner, and will help you carry out more complicated procedures – such as cleaning the engine bay – without causing any damage. With helpful illustrations and advice based on the author's many years' of valeting experience, this book will get your car looking great.
- The correct and safe way to wash your vehicle without scratching it
- Using the right products for the right job
- Explains the differences between cleaning processes and why they are important
- How to maintain the vehicle’s finish
- The correct way to polish your car
- The importance of protecting your vehicle’s paintwork and wheels
- The importance of caring for leather
- Cleaning and protecting your car’s interior
- Simple step-by-step guides on all aspects of car cleaning, polishing and protecting
About the author
Simon Nixon has been a professional automobile valeter for the last 13 years. He has always been fascinated by cars, especially new ones, so much so that he was often late for school, as stopped to admire the gleaming cars at the local dealership on the way. Watching the staff remove dust and finger prints from the shiny new paint work, is how his obsession with keeping cars in perfect condition began. Simon now owns his own valeting company, satisfying his passion for perfection – a passion which is just as strong today as it was back then.
Check out Simon Nixon demonstrating some techniques from the book.