This book describes in a clear, friendly manner everything today’s driver needs to know about choosing and using a car in an economical and eco-efficient way.
This book describes in a clear, friendly manner everything today’s driver needs to know about choosing and using a car in an economical and eco-efficient way. It explains what matters most to the car buyer when optimum fuel economy and lowest emissions are priorities, and why four wheel drive and automatic transmission present challenges to eco-friendly driving.
Highly detailed advice on driving for best fuel economy is supplemented by helpful information on alternative fuels, hybrid powertrains, and much more. Featuring a thorough examination of the advantages and disadvantages of the most promising fuels of the future - electricity and hydrogen – this book is essential reading for the modern driver.
- Save money and help the environment too!
- How to drive a car for best mpg and lowest emissions
- How to buy an economical and low emission car that still suits your needs
- Interpreting government fuel data (and other related info) to choose your eco-efficient car
- Why 4x4 vehicles have a bad reputation for eco-efficiency
- Interpretation of eco-related technical matters. eg: whats a DPF?
- Driving automatic gearbox vehicles in an economical/efficient way
- How to work out if you're becoming a more economical driver
- The pros and cons of hybrid vehicles and alternative fuels for the ordinary driver
- Future alternatives for powering tomorrows cars - advantages and disadvantages
About the author
A motoring journalist for over 30 years, Dave Moss has spent much time developing economy driving techniques, researching alternative fuels, and charting the development of tomorrow's cars. When Dave was 17, shoestring motoring made maximum mpg vital for him – a concern that eventually led to him winning a special award for exceeding 90mpg in an ordinary Ford Fiesta diesel. Successful entries in many national economy runs followed, and continue to this day. With fuel economy, exhaust emissions, alternative fuels and engines dominating the headlines, now is the time to benefit from Dave's knowledge and experience, save cash, and become a more eco-friendly driver.