Helpful advice on how to get the most out of car journeys with your canine companion – whether travelling for five minutes or five hours. Packed with original colour photographs, plus information from expert veterinarians.
Dogs on Wheels – travelling with your canine companion takes a look at you, your family, your vehicle, and most importantly your dog, and tells you how to get the most out of travelling with your four-legged friend – whether for five minutes or five hours.
Helpful advice, insights into your dog’s world, and guidance on choosing the right vehicle are only a part of this comprehensive look at travelling with your dog.
Packed with original colour photographs, and containing invaluable information and opinion from veterinarians and an animal behaviourist.
- Combines personal insight and well-researched information
- Expert advice from experienced veterinarians
- Input and opinion from a former professor in animal behaviour
- Looks at various types of vehicles, and the benefits and drawbacks of each
- Critique of various accessories/fittings available for transporting your dog
- Simple activities to break up your journey and keep your dog happy
- Dos and don’ts for animal travel
- A look into the mind of a dog
About the author
Norm Mort grew-up in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, where everybody seemed to own a dog. Since marrying Sandy – who worked for a veterinary clinic for a number of years – the couple have always had dogs and cats as part of their household.
Norm’s son and co-author, Andrew Mort, always had a dog sleeping at the bottom of his bed as a child. When Andrew married in 2008, he and his new wife, Cate, had homed a rescue dog within their first week together.
Andrew is a graduate in Fine Arts from the Ontario College of Art & Design (OCAD) in Toronto, and has a Fine Arts degree from York University, Toronto. A freelance photographer, his photographs have also been published in eight books on various topics over the past three years.
This is Norm and Andrew’s first dog book together, following a long collaboration on car and truck books.