The Essential Buyer’s Guide carefully describes the 205 GTI models that enthusiasts love to drive and own, from the pioneering 1.6 GTi, through various developments to the 1.9 GTI. The CTI cabriolet is also covered.
In 1984 Peugeot launched the 205 1.6 GTI, which not only changed Peugeot's image forever, but also set a new benchmark for ‘hot hatches' eight years after the legendary Golf GTI had raised the bar.
Weak points, rust traps, and potential mechanical defects are all laid bare by an expert for the would be buyer. Clear 205-specific photos illustrate problem areas and good points too, as well as model variations. The author also embraces customized and mechanically modified cars. With both mileage and, particularly, condition having a marked affect on potential prices, the author gives sound advice on what is worth restoring and what, however tempting, is likely to cost a new owner an unrecoverable fortune.
- Written by long term 205 GTI enthusiast and owner, Jon Blackburn
- Covers 205 GTI & CTI Cabriolet
- Includes the special editions such as the Miami Blue and Sorrento Green
- Covers popular modifications to look for when buying – lowered suspension, 16-valve engines and brake upgrades
- Record and save information on potential purchases, including photos, car specifications, owner details, and vehicle condition
- Thoroughly check the condition of a vehicle with a guided and comprehensive evaluation feature
- Compare the cars you've viewed easily, and see their strengths and weaknesses
- Targets would-be owners on a budget, as well as those prepared to splash out on a top car
- Defines original engine specifications (1580cc & 1905cc) and vital statistics
- Features informative videos with voice-over from marque expert Jon Blackburn
About the author
Originally into the classic Mini scene, Jon Blackburn served his ‘apprenticeship,’ as he puts it, running a modified Mini for a number of years, before moving up to a Peugeot 205 GTI.
The author has experienced the ups and downs of owning, repairing, and maintaining these still benchmark hot hatches for over seven years. He is a member of the Peugeot Sport Official Owners Club and the 205gtidrivers.com forum. He also owns and runs a TVR, which he claims is almost as much fun as the 205 – when it’s working! A move from marketing into publishing has allowed Jon to share with you some of his 205 GTI experiences and ‘petrol head’ enthusiasm, putting it into writing for this, his first published book.
App detailsV number: AV4283. Base price: £3.99 / $3.99. Available on iOS & Android. For support regarding Veloce apps, click here