Wild and completely true stories involving some of the most extraordinary cars ever built, and a hobbyist who got in way over his head.
Many different stories, each involving a great automobile (or automobiles) and the trouble the vehicle(s) caused for the author, a self-described ‘gearhead' who tried to turn his passion into a business, and failed — miserably! Possessing far more cajones than skill, he has driven everything from bathtubs with wheels to some of the most advanced road-going machinery on the planet. Although it's his dream is to race in the 24 Hours of Le Mans, reality dictates that any car owner who may let him drive is a complete fool! This unique, hilarious book proves wholeheartedly that just because someone knows about cars doesn't mean they should start trying to buy and sell them for profit ...
- Everyone the world over loves automobiles!
- Everyone has great ‘car stories’, but these are truly insane!
- Incredible automobiles in crazy situations
- Automobile enthusiasts do not always make astute automotive investments
- Funny car stories are appealing to every nationality
- Better to read someone else’s car mistakes than make them yourself
- This is why some hobbies should remain hobbies
- Proof that big money + little skill = disaster
- Easily the most unique automobile book ever written
- You’ll forget all your troubles when you read about mine!
About the author
Courtesy of his unique skill sets and MacGyver-like expertise, established literary mercenary/participatory journalist Adam Slutsky has chronicled innumerable high-octane adventures for many of today’s hippest publications. From freediving, sans cage, with great white sharks to UFO safaris in the Sonora Desert to Bigfoot quests in Alaska to cross-country ‘Cannonball’ road races: if you can name it, Adam has done it.