The definitive history of the internationally popular Porsche 944, including motorsport. Includes expert guidance on buying a 944, and contains over 190 illustrations, mainly in colour, acquired with the full assistance of Porsche.
- The definitive history of the internationally popular Porsche 944 in all its forms from 1982 to 1991
- Once the fastest selling Porsche ever, the 944 has now become established as a useable & affordable classic
- Includes expert advice on buying & restoring
- Illustrations acquired with the full assistance of Porsche
- Brian Long is the author of well-respected Porsche 356, 914 & 924 histories (also published by Veloce)
- High quality artpaper production, heavily illustrated, colour throughout
About the author
Born in Coventry, the heart of Britain's motor industry, Brian comes from a family with a proud heritage in the automotive and aviation fields. He trained as a mechanical engineer, and worked for a time at his father's garage. Brian became heavily involved in the classic car scene at 19, and says he turned to writing by accident. He now writes full-time and, since 1990, when his first book was released, he has had almost 60 titles published. Brian and his wife, Miho, have two children, Louis and Sophie-Mercedes. They currently live in Chiba, close to Tokyo, where they can enjoy life with their Dobermann and a Thoroughbred racehorse, now retired from the tracks.