The definitive history of the internationally popular Porsche 924, including motorsport. Expert guidance on buying a 924. Over 220 illustrations, mainly in colour, acquired with the full assistance of Porsche.
In the past the 924 was often underrated, but nowadays enthusiasts appreciate the car’s performance, build quality, practicality and affordability. This book records the full history of the 924, including motorsport, from inception until the end of production.
- The definitive history of the internationally popular Porsche 924
- The 924 has now become established as a useable & affordable classic
- High quality artpaper production, heavily illustrated, colour throughout
- Includes expert advice on buying & restoring
- Includes the 924's international motorsport career
- Illustrations acquired with the full assistance of Porsche
- Brian Long is the author of well-respected Porsche 356 & 914 histories
About the author
Born in Coventry, the heart of Britain's motor industry, Brian comes from a family with a proud heritage in the automotive and aviation fields. He trained as a mechanical engineer, and worked for a time at his father's garage. Brian became heavily involved in the classic car scene at 19, and says he turned to writing by accident. He now writes full-time and, since 1990, when his first book was released, he has had almost 60 titles published. Brian and his wife, Miho, have two children, Louis and Sophie-Mercedes. They currently live in Chiba, close to Tokyo, where they can enjoy life with their Dobermann and a Thoroughbred racehorse, now retired from the tracks.