For dog lovers and self-development enthusiasts, a compendium of life lessons, taught by the most successful domestic animal of all time ... man's best friend, the dog.
The dog is undeniably the most successful domestic animal of all time. He shares his life with ours, has integrated into our society, and won the hearts and minds of millions of us. We call ourselves dog lovers because we do sincerely love them: they are fully-fledged members of our family, and we have elevated them to positions of authority in the human world. Assistance dogs, protection dogs, detection dogs, companion dogs ... they all enhance our lives immeasurably. In this book we will examine a whole raft of canine skills and talents, and try to piece together how and why the dog has enjoyed such immense success as a domesticated animal. We will look at the dog as a problem solver, conflict resolver, and health asset. As a decision maker and hero. And as a loyal and trusted friend. Clever Dog! is a compendium of life lessons we can learn from our dogs, based on a combination of what we know about them and – indeed – what we think we might know about them. He's earned his epithet ‘Man's best friend:' in this book, our aim is to examine how he did it and how we might emulate his talents in order to enjoy the same fortune and fulfilment in our lives.
Be happy and successful: learn from the best!
- Interesting take on self development/improvement lessons
- Interesting facts and data on how the human/canine relationship evolved
- Amazing examples of how dogs have succeeded and achieved
- Practical insights into how humans can use the dog as a life example
- Incredible stories of canine bravery, endurance and talent
- Understanding leadership from the world's most famous pack animal
- Learn how to settle conflicts without 'drawing blood'
- Understand how to develop and enhance relationships, learning from the best
- Climb the career ladder by following the winning strategy of the dog
- How to embrace and cherish independence without being a 'loner'
About the author
Ryan O'Meara is a former professional dog trainer who has dedicated his life to learning about, writing about, and working with his one true passion: dogs. Upon leaving school at the age of 16, Ryan embarked on his professional dog training career, indulging his love of all things canine. Having achieved success as a trainer, working with more than 2000 dogs, Ryan set up his own business, K9 Media Ltd, a specialist pet publishing company responsible for more than 300 pet related websites, as well as the world-renowned K9 Magazine. Ryan is a World Animal Day ambassador, and he appears frequently in the media discussing all things dog.